There are few patriots who are as eager to jump into the political fray, get their hands dirty, and expose government corruption as former Texas Congressman Steve Stockman. Steve went to Washington, DC to make a difference for the citizens of his district and the US as a whole, but found himself battling bureaucracy and scandals everywhere he turned.
Stockman has twice been elected to the U.S. House of Representatives from the state of Texas – first in 1994 when he unseated 42-year incumbent Democrat Jack Brooks; second in 2012. Both times, Steve went to Congress with a vision of limited government, strong support for American families, and a robust national defense.
Not one to shy away from controversial issues, Steve was a vocal opponent of agendas of the Clinton and Obama administrations. While making the Drudge Report more often than any House colleague, here are a few of his bold actions and stances from 2013-2014:
- Second Amendment – threatening possible impeachment if authority overstepped
- Immigration & border control – opposed amnesty for illegal aliens and called for greater border control
- First to expose Obama’s ransom payment for Bowe Bergdahl
- Exposed Clinton’s bypass of Iran sanctions with Interpipe (owned by Victor Penchuk, largest Clinton Foundation donor)
- Filed resolution for arrest of IRS’s Lois Lerner for contempt of Congress
- Bill offered tongue-in-cheek – “The Dog Ate My Tax Receipts Act”
Steve always did what was right – not what was politically expedient. He took the actions that Americans wish all of their elected officials would take – keeping his promises and doing the right thing.
After four years of hell followed by imprisonment, Steve is paying an incredibly high price for trying to “drain the swamp.” And what are we doing?
His legal costs over the past four years now top $600,000, and will exceed $1 million with the
expenses of his pending appeal. This is money Steve and Patti did NOT have. They are proceeding on faith we’ll come alongside them.
We must not abandon this hero on the battlefield. He put his very life on the line to buck the system. NOW IT’S TIME we put something on the line to help him in this battle for his liberties.
- Congressman Steve Stockman aggressively fought corruption in the Obama administration.
- Even called for the arrest of IRS official, Lois Lerner.
- After four years investigation, four grand juries, and a trial where the truth didn’t surface, Steve:
- Was been wrongly found guilty on trumped up charges.
- Was immediately taken into Federal prison (April 12, 2018) where he remains.
- On November 7, 2018 he was sentenced to 10 years in prison!
- Stockman appealed with strong arguments of his innocence and errors by the district court.
- Oral arguments were held October 8, 2019 before a three-judge panel of the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Panel included two Obama-appointed judges and a Reagan appointed judge.
- Fifth Circuit Ruling
- On January 10, 2020, the Court issued the panel’s ruling against every argument in the appeal.
- The panel ignored many precedents, including previous decisions of Fifth Circuit and Supreme Courts.
- On January 24, 2020 Stockman filed a petition with the Fifth Circuit for an en bank (entire court) hearing of the appeal.
- March 2, Fifth Circuit declined to hear the appeal en banc. (They only hear ~1% of requests.)
- On July 30, 2020, Stockman filed a petition with the Supreme Court of the United States, asking that they hear the appeal.
- This means there were further legal costs. Steve really NEEDS YOUR HELP to continue to fight this corruption!
- Three separate amicus briefs were filed in support of Steve’s request, including one by noted scholar and attorney John Eastman.
- On October 5, 2020 Steve’s was among the 99% of cases the Supreme Court declined to hear.
A Political Target…but Why Steve?
Anyone who openly attempts to expose the corruption and scandals in the government exposes himself to being targeted, which is why few choose to discuss these issues. Congressman Stockman not only worked in Congress to battle corruption, but also made frequent appearances on national television uncovering some of the unthinkable activity occurring in our government. As a Republican member of Congress, a number of Democratic officials made it their mission to find a way to bring Steve down as he was a threat to the progress of their nefarious activity and anti-American agenda. After four years of viscous attacks from every angle followed by imprisonment, Steve paid an incredibly high price for trying to “drain the swamp.”